From: Heiko Wundram <heiko@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Enforcing passphrase protected ssh keys
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:11:15
1 Am Wednesday 17 September 2008 15:04:19 schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2 > I had thought of that, but I'm shying away from it - the admin load of
3 > supporting that many user passwords is crippling. The users forget their
4 > passwords or share them and write them on stciky notes...
5
6 What about one-time-passwords? In addition to a user-supplied SSH-key (whether
7 encrypted or not)? There's J2ME-software (i.e., installable on pretty much
8 any "normal" mobile phone) to compute OTPs for users, so you don't even need
9 additional hardware such as RSA-Tokens, and there's no (noticeable)
10 administration-overhead.
11
12 Some intro on this which I just found on google which uses opie:
13
14 http://www.heise-online.co.uk/security/One-time-passwords-for-home-users--/features/88570
17 Heiko Wundram