From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem on Hardware Update
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:03:08
1 On Thursday 26 Jun 2014 21:00:04 João Matos wrote:
2 > 2014-06-26 9:32 GMT-03:00 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
3 > > On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:05:55 -0300, João Matos wrote:
4 > > > I upgrade my mobo/CPU/mems. They're completely different (Intel to
5 > > > AMD).
6 > > >
7 > > > I built the kernel myself, and, as soon as I intended to use the new
8 > > > hardware, I compilled it changing "Processor type" and enable the SATA
9 > > > driver. The sistem seemed to boot properly (all boot messagens ok, all
10 > > > services started - except X), but it freezes after boot.
11 > > >
12 > > > I'm not sure, but It seems my usb keyboard is not recognized. I tried
13 > > > to solve it using "make localmodconfig", but it didn't work.
14 > >
15 > > Do you have both OHCI and UHCI drivers built in your kernel? I can never
16 > > remember which one Intel uses, but AMD chipsets generally use the other
17 > > one.
18 >
19 > It didn't work. But I have a new erro message:
20 >
21 > device descriptor read/64 error 110
22 > hub 1-1:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 6
23 >
24 > The only distro I could boot was systemrescueCD, using alternative kernel.
25 > Can't boot Ubuntu. It also doesn't recognize the keyboard.
26
27 OK, look at the sysrescuecd kernel driver and enable the same in your gentoo
28 kernel.
31 Regards,
32 Mick