From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: viewing .m4v files with totem
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:04:20
1 walt <w41ter@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On 07/11/2010 07:42 PM, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >> walt<w41ter@×××××.com> writes:
5 >
6 >>> What does totem say when you play your m4v file?
7 >>
8 >> gottlieb@ajglap /a/video $ totem Game_Theory_Lect_20_s.m4v
9 >> bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
10 >
11 > Here's an interesting thread from ubuntu forums:
12 >
13 > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1490237
14
15 Interesting indeed.
16
17 The problem mentioned in that article concerns mplayer, which in my case
18 can play the .m4v. However, the comment that bluez causes problem
19 caused me to wonder why I had it installed and then I checked my USE
20 flags to see a large list including "bluetooth". I am cleaning up other
21 things now, but may decide to add -bluetooth to make.conf or more
22 radically change my profile (currently ...desktop/gnome).
23
24 thanks for the pointer.
25 allan