From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo for embedded-linux
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:11:23
1 Yoav Luft wrote:
2 > I've recently grown interested in Linux for embedded devices,
3 > specifically, ARM computers and ARM core DSP's. I am a Gentoo-linux
4 > user and an electronics technician, and know nothing about programming
5 > operating systems. Are there any relevant projects, specifically
6 > Gentoo flavored once for embedded computing? I did come across
7 > commercial embedded oriented distrobutions such as MonteVista Linux
8 > and such. I am a hobbyist, I can't afford a hundreds of dollars
9 > development kits, and I would like to use tools that I already somehow
10 > familiar with, such tools as Gentoo's. But are they? can anyone point
11 > me to someone, somewhere, beneath web-sphere?
12
13 You mean something like this?:
14
15 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/index.xml
16
17 ;)
18
19 Be lucky,
20
21 Neil
25 This message has been scanned for viruses and
26 dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
27 believed to be clean.
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list