From: Gyuri <hangcsapda@××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] saving iptables state
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 05:53:00
1 Martin Marcher wrote:
2
3 >Hi,
4 >
5 >i have a home setup with portsentry also hooked to my box as firewall
6 >addition. now the problem my box is in another room and sometimes my
7 >colleague just turns it of (the brutal way just unplug it). now i was
8 >wondering if anyone had ideas about how to save the iptables state that
9 >portsentry creates. iptables-save doesn't do the trick for some reaseon
10 >
11 >thx
12 >Martin
15 Maybe you should write a simple bash-script and take it into the init RC
16 scripts. (default booting runlevel)
17 Command "iptables" can be used in terminal to control the netfilter. You
18 can find programs or webpages to automatically generate these lines for you.
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list