From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Large update blocked
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 03:15:51
1 Am Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2009 schrieb Kevin O'Gorman:
2 > I may put this off until Xmas break (I cannot afford to wedge this system
3 > right now), but I'm worried by the results of an emerge --pretend:
4 >
5 > It looks like 20 packages or so want eselect-1.2.3, but it's blocked by
6 > eselect-news which is required by world.
7
8 Which means it is required by you.
9 >
10 > Is there a sane way through this update?
11
12 Just remove eselect-news. From looking at eselect's ebuild I deduce that its
13 functionality is taken over by eselect itself.
14 --
15 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
16 The number you dialed is imaginary.
17 Please rotate your phone by 90 degrees and try again.