From: Alejandro <elcorreodeale@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] e2fsprogs blocking question
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:11:16
1 2009/1/16 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
2
3 > Alejandro wrote:
6 > > 2009/1/15 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk <mailto:neil@××××××××××.uk>>
7 > >
8 > > On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 00:00:07 +0100, Geralt wrote:
9 > >
10 > > > > You don't need to remove anything, just let portage handle the
11 > > block
12 > > > > for you. Blocks marked with a b (instead of a B) can be handled
13 > by
14 > > > > recent portage releases.
15 > >
16 > > > are you sure that his works in this case? This blocking bug was
17 > some
18 > > > time before the new Portage went stable and back then you had to
19 > > > resolve it by hand.
20 > >
21 > > That's right, but now the new portage is stable so it is handled on
22 > > stable systems. The block was handled automatically when it first
23 > > appeared
24 > > on ~arch systems.
27 > > --
28 > > Neil Bothwick
29 > >
30 > > Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?
33 > > Which version of portage do this? I am on amd64 stable and have the
34 > > problem a couple of week ago, and i don/t remember any portage update,,,
35 >
36 > I know portage-2.2_rc20 works well. I have not had any trouble on mine
37 > and you may want to give it a shot. It is still keyworded I think but
38 > it does handle the blocks very well.
39 >
40 > Your choice on whether to install or not.
41 >
42 > Dale
43 >
45 >
46 > Thanks for th einfo! I will give a try...
47
48 Cheers!