From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which ivtv on newest Gentoo kernels?
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 19:36:11
1 On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > 2008/4/5 Ricardo Saffi Marques <saffi@××××××××××××××.br>:
3 >
4 > > On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > If someone knows where a
7 > > > list like that might be could you point me there?
8 > >
9 > > Have you tried these?
10 > >
11 > > http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_MythTV
12 > > and
13 > > http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_Kernel/System_for_MythTV
14 > > --
15 > > Ricardo Saffi Marques
16 >
17 > Thanks Ricardo,
18 > Actually, since I wrote the first email I've built
19 > 2.6.24-gentoo-r4, emerged ivtv-1.0.3-r2 and it boots and loads the
20 > driver fine. Both cards are seens so that much is behind me. I'm in
21 > the process of testing the cards and setting up mysql now.
22 >
23 > Knock on wood so far things are going pretty well.
24 >
25 > Cheers,
26 > Mark
29 OK, my immediate needs are solved with 2.6.24-gentoo-r4 and
30 ivtv-1.0.3-r2. Both of my PVR cards are seen by the system and record
31 successfully at the command line using cat /dev/v4l/video0 >test0.mpg.
32 (Or video1) xine plays the files fine.
33
34 Now the issue is to get the backend set up. First mysql, then
35 mythbackend, then some test recordings. your second link will help
36 with that I think.
37
38 Cheers,
39 Mark