From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] About devining file type when browsing
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:44:05
1 On 24/11/2010, at 9:03pm, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Does anyone here know if it is possible to determine the kind of video
4 > file a browser is visiting?
5 >
6 > Many are flash these days but I think some still newer stuff is
7 > showing up. Something in mp4 container perhaps.
8 >
9 > I'm hoping somewhere in the negotiations between server and browser
10 > info pertaining to the type of file can be found.
11
12 It's possibly not the *best* way, but using Squid and tailing the log (I'm sure most people are using "export GREP_OPTIONS='--color=auto'" these days) springs immediately to mind.
13
14 Stroller.