From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sync'ing with Windows CE
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 16:47:51
1 On Friday 23 July 2010 13:37:54 dhk wrote:
2 > I'm on an ~amd64 platform and I have a Windows CE device connected
3 > through a serial port that I need to upload to and download from.
4 >
5 > What kind of programs are available for sync'ing with a Windows CE
6 > device? Which ones work the best? How can I connect and browse the
7 > device through a terminal on my Gentoo box?
8 >
9 > I see in the app-pda (emerge --search @app-pda) there are quite a few
10 > options, but they're all masked.
11 >
12 > Thanks in advance.
13 >
14 > --dhk
15
16 I can't really help, because I no longer have the WindowsCE phone or the KDE
17 applications that I used to communicate with it. I recall it needed librapi
18 libsynce synce-dccm synce-multisync-plugin synce-serial amidst other KDE front
19 ends. It did work (sort of) but it would not sync with Kontact.
20
21 Irrespective of a KDE front end which I don't know if it is available in
22 KDE-4.4 you may be able to do things via a console.
23
24 Hopefully someone who's still using such a phone will be able to offer better
25 and more up to date advice.
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick