From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: epson printer
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 18:19:45
1 Bill Kenworthy <billk <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
4 > Hi, Ive just bought a new epson wf-3520 MFP and want to get it to print
5 > through cups over wifi for preference.
6 >
7 > Question 1 - do you have to be on the (same) wireless network to print
8 > if using wifi? (i.e., I have a complicated set of networks and want to
9 > print via a LAN to the printer on a separate routed wifi network -
10 > connectivity exists but I cant get it to talk to me.)
13 Most modern printers have an embedded web server. You may be able to
14 just type in the IP address into your web browser and establish a connection
15 to the printer's internal web server. Give it a whirl...
18 > Question 2 - what stanza do I use to connect?
19 > (ipp://192.168.41.72:631/what?/, or is it http?) This information
20 > doesn't seem to be available with ubuntu folks etc just saying "it
21 > works" - I suspect cups browsing on the same network)
24 if you have installed and configure cups, you should have this file:
25 /etc/cupsd/printers.conf
26
27 and an entry like so:
28