From: "Abraham Marín Pérez" <tecnic5@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't restart apache2
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 06:18:49
1 Have you run etc-update (or dispatch-conf) since the last time you
2 updated your system? It may have happened that apache has changed its
3 config file syntax or modules directory and, hence, you'll need new
4 configuration.
5
6 HTH,
7 Abraham
8
9 Mike Diehl escribió:
10 > Well, I'm not sure what I've done.
11 >
12 > I did an emerge world some time ago and never restarted apache2.
13 >
14 > Now that I HAVE to restart it, it's giving me errors....
17 > /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
18 >
19 > * Apache2 has detected a syntax error in your configuration files:
20 > apache2: Syntax error on line 257 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Cannot
21 > load /etc/apache2/modules/mod_cgi.so into
22 > server: /etc/apache2/modules/mod_cgi.so: cannot open shared object file: No
23 > such file or directory
24 >
25 > I've commented out enough lines in the httpd.conf file to guess that probably
26 > NONE of my apache modules are present anymore.
27 >
28 > How can I fix this? How can I do it and minimize my downtime?
29 >
30 > TIA,
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list