From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Internet security.
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 13:48:23
1 On 09/09/2013 02:50 AM, Adam Carter wrote:
2 > [2]
3 > http://michael.orlitzky.com/articles/why_im_against_ca-signed_certificates.php
4 > .
7 > I like to state some of what you say here as "website certificates are
8 > only as trusted as the LEAST trustworthy CA in the trusted certificate
9 > store"
10
11 Right, and most of them you wouldn't even consider trustworthy a priori.
12 If the NSA can hack or "persuade" *any* of them, every single website on
13 the net is compromised.
14
15 Here's a list of the ones included with Firefox:
16
17 http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/certs/included/index.html
18
19 The ones in the USA, we already know, can be forced to do whatever under
20 gag order. Of the ones outside the USA, well, I see a couple that belong
21 to countries where I would be executed for the things I did this weekend.