From: Jonathan Chocron <jonathan.chocron@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Modules dependencies problem!
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 22:45:00
1 Without more info I can't be much help. But here's a pointer, just in case :
2 The modules init script launches modules-update, which can be launched at the
3 command line. The error you have is consistent (and, looking at the code of
4 the scrip can only be caused by) modules-update failing.
5
6 You should try to launch it yourself at the command-line. You should get some
7 output that could be useful.
8
9 modules-update has a man page. You should look at that too.
10
11 The main cause for this behaviour would be :
12 - modules-update thinks your modules.conf is not auto generated and refuses to
13 overwrite it.
14 - there is a mistake in one of the files in /etc/modules.d/ . I have seen this
15 caused by etc-update, which can sometimes munch files.
16
17 Hope this helps,
18
19 -- Jonathan