From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Borg 1.1 is out, when can we expect it in the repos?
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 04:55:56
1 On Sunday, October 8, 2017 6:48:14 PM CEST Viktar Patotski wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > The proper to get it done is to submit an upgrade request to
5 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/ . And then even probably provide ebuild for
6 > maintainers to pick it up.
7 >
8 > Best regards,
9 > Viktar
10 >
11 > On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 7:36 PM, azarus <azarus@××××××.net> wrote:
12 > > Hi,
13 > >
14 > > there's a new release of Borg (app-backup/borgbackup) out, and I was
15 > > wondering when it'd arrive in the Gentoo repos. I've tested it a bit on
16 > > my Gentoo boxes (manually edited an ebuild for that) and it runs
17 > > perfectly fine.
18 > >
19 > > Thanks for the information!
20 > >
21 > > Best regards,
22 > > --
23 > > azarus
24 > > email: azarus@××××××.net
25 > > xmpp: azarus@××××××.ch
26 > > PGP: 3A79D6CFD2567CF9
27
28 If that is picked up by a developer, then yes.
29 My experience with providing bugs with ebuilds is that they get closed
30 eventually due to open security bugs (fixed in supplied versions for a few
31 years) and lack of maintainership.
34 Joost