From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge wireshark fails
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:41:17
1 On Tuesday 12 September 2006 15:00, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > > Anyone seen this before? Am I being stupid (again) or is it
3 > > a bug? And if so, where might the bug be - perl, wireshark,
4 > > or the portage scripts?
5 >
6 > It's a bug in the wireshark ebuild. It hasn't been noticed
7 > until now because it was silently ignored until yesterday.
8 > For details look at [1]. This has been reported in [2].
9 > Please use bugzilla to search before asking these
10 > questions...
11
12 Except that this behaviour I see is neither of the cases you
13 mention. They relate to the bahaviour when the minimal flag is
14 set. I'm getting the error when the flag is NOT set. There is
15 no reason why this line should return true on my system:
16
17 if built_with_use dev-lang/perl minimal
18
19 In case I still had an ancient faulty perl binary hanging
20 around, I also remerged perl and tried to emerge wireshark
21 again. Same error. So this is not the same bug as any of the 4
22 on the wiki.
23
24 alan
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list