From: Arthur Barlow <arthurbarlow@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] evdev broken?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 03:07:25
1 On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi, All
3 >
4 > Recently, after blindingly emerging world, X11/Xorg stopped to accept mouse
5 > and keyboard events. After some ways to figure out what was going on, I
6 > found that it seems related to "evdev".
7 >
8 > Anybody noticed something like that? The xorg-server package (or
9 > xorg-drivers, can't remember nor check now, because I had to use Windows
10 > :-(  ) is being built with "evdev" flag, but there is an error in the log
11 > file about evdev could not be found, as long as "dri" and "dri2". I am using
12 > nvidia proprietary video driver.
13 >
14 > Thanks a lot
15 > Francisco
16 > "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
17 > and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one
18 > idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." -
19 > George Bernard Shaw
22 Francisco,
23
24 Yes, this happen to me as well. It happened right after I did a fair
25 number of updates that were revealed through emerge -vu --deep world.
26 It appears that one of the packages, which I believe was libpng-1.4,
27 did not have a properly designed ebuild script and it subsequently
28 deleted a number of installed portage packages, including
29 xf86-input-evdev. I don't know all the details, but I definately say
30 some notes on this in the forums section.
31
32 Art