From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] X11 keyboard permanent mode switch ?
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 09:04:45
1 Hi,
2
3 I've set up the 'menu key' (left to the right control key on an US
4 keyboard) as 'mode switch' (to enable entering non-ASCII characters).
5 By (bad) chance I discovered that entering this menu-key together with
6 the right control-key seems to lock the mode switch (so I have to press
7 it again (each time) to enter normal ASCII characters).
8 If I'm lucky I can revert this to normal if I press the menu-key and the
9 right control-key 'at the right timing'.
10 Is this a bug or a feature (xorg-server-1.7.6)
11
12 Many thanks for a comment,
13 Helmut.
16 Helmut Jarausch