From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server 1.9.4: keybord very slow in consoles
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:45:28
1 On Wednesday 16 March 2011 19:05:32 Alexey Mishustin wrote:
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > I have a problem with configuring xorg-server 1.9.4.
5 >
6 > It starts and works OK. But just after it has started, the keyboard begins
7 > to work very slowly in all virtual consoles that were open prior to X.
8 >
9 > If I login in a new virtual console, the keyboard works well until I enter
10 > into an interactive tool (man, less). After that - the same behavior.
11 >
12 > I installed xorg in according to these instructions [1], then added
13 > InputClass definitions from this thread [2].
14 >
15 > Please suggest what I could have done wrong.
16 >
17 > xorg.conf - http://pastebin.com/Wwmy1eFf
18 > Xorg.0.log - http://pastebin.com/5aqCLKnH
19 > make.conf - http://pastebin.com/7St3T1ec
20 > http://pastebin.com/YpCm9puZ
21 > emerge --info - http://pastebin.com/NZUQYqhh
22 > kernel .config - http://pastebin.com/E6Syb7Ay
23 >
24 > Laptop ASUS WJ7.
25 >
26 > [1] - http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
27 > [2] -
28 > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/user/226332?do=post_view_thre
29 > aded
30
31 Alex, you have defined both your keyboard and mouse as InputDevice under
32 Section "ServerLayout", but then later on you specify them both as InputClass.
33
34 Comment out the InputDevice sections or remove them completely as shown in
35 thread [2] above.
36
37 HTH.
38 --