From: Julien Roy <julien@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Plasma sound not working
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 01:28:33
1 On 6/16/22 12:10, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 >
3 > Having spent several hours at this today, I've concluded that the problem is
4 > caused by the Startpage add-on to Firefox. Specifically, startpage 1.3 and
5 > Firefox 71.10. Early in the stepwise setting everything up, I started Firefox,
6 > set its typefaces and so on, then installed Startpage. The sound system
7 > stopped working instantly. I removed Startpage and the sound came back. A
8 > reboot confirmed that no lasting damage had been done. So, I'm now using 'EU
9 > Startpage - Unofficial', which seems to working well so far.
10
11 It's really weird that a Firefox add-on would cause system-wide sound to
12 stop working!
13
14 Anyway, glad that you figured it out
17 Regards,