From: "Friedrich Göpel" <shado23@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1366x768 HDTV
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 19:38:44
1 On 03:05 Mon 15 May , James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to get the SVGA input on a HDTV to work with my gentoo system.
5 > The monitor manual says it works with 1366x768. The video card in the machine is:
6
7 I have a similar setup, though my tv has a physical resolution of
8 1366x768 it only allows up to 1360x768 over the vga in and only tv norms
9 over hdmi, you might need to check your manual to see what resolutions
10 it will do.
11 For the Modeline you should use gtf which comes with xorg like that:
12 ie. gtf 1360 768 60
13 That is the only modeline calculator that ever worked right for me.
14 It might also be necessary to check for the polarity, which I needed to
15 change in my modeline.
16 Here it is just for completeness sake, maybe it works for your tv too, if
17 not following the above steps should put you there.
18 You could also try it with a smaller resolution first, just to be sure
19 it works at all.
20 Hope that helps.
23 Cheers,
24