From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resolving hostnames with OpenVPN/TUN device?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 01:29:31
1 On 2/20/06 6:04 PM, "Jeff" <jmg_071769@×××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > Hey all.
4 >
5 > I've got OpenVPN installed, and it runs great. Only thing - I've noticed
6 > between the Windows and Linux version - the Windows version seems to
7 > auto-magically assign the proper nameserver addresses to the TUN device
8 > once connected, hence I can just enter hostnames and ping or PuTTY with
9 > no problem.
10 >
11 > How can I do the same with OpenVPN on Linux? So far, I have to enter IP
12 > addresses, which isn't bad - it just stinks trying to memorize them all!
13 There are instructions about this on the openvpn site, or at least the
14 mailing list archives. Short answer is, you can't. Really, put them in the
15 /etc/hosts file. The instructions talk about scripts that get run on
16 interface up and down. They involve copying around /etc/resolv.conf files.
17 Kinda clunky.
18 >
19 > Thanks!
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list