From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --autounmask-write: specify file
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 21:43:53
1 On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 15:43:36 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > >> Then again, that is yet another option to have to remember too.
4 > >> Jeez.
5 > > That's why we have EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS :)
6
7 > Yea but I don't always want it to unmask packages either. If I was
8 > going to let that be the default,
9
10 I thought we were talking about a switch to set the filename to use. That
11 could be set to a default without turning on autounmask-write.
12
13 > I may as well run ~amd64.
14
15 That does seem a simpler approach, but this is about unmasking, not just
16 keywording. autounmask is useful to those running ~arch too.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 ASSISTANT MANAGER: Feminine form of the word manager (q.v.).