From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Fragmentation of my drives. Curious mostly
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 12:20:21
1 On Sunday 30 November 2008 11:53:10 Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 09:45:40 +0000
3 >
4 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > > No, and nor should they. Each filesystem implementing its own
6 > > encryption layer would be a nightmare. A separate encryption layer on
7 > > which you create any filesystem you like is much more sensible.
8 >
9 > It's true for Linux and any other kernel designed to work with many
10 > implementations of "the same" thing (FS in this case). MS doesn't care
11 > about many file systems, but just their own, therefore they don't
12 > face this problem.
13
14 True, MS will not face this problem. We will. In common with what we have to
15 do with everything else MS makes. Please don't give them any more clever
16 ideas...
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com