From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about RDEPEND
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 02:13:01
1 Am Samstag, 30. Januar 2010 schrieb Iain Buchanan:
2 > On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 03:32 +0100, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
3 > > Hi there,
4 > >
5 > > a while ago, I emerged virtual/jdk, and prior to it sun-jdk
6 > > in order to direct manually what the virtual shall pull in.
7 > >
8 > > But now, virtual/jdk wants to install dev-java/icedtea as well.
9 > > [...]
10 > > Even though I understand from the virtual’s ebuild
11 > > that it needs one and only one of those.
12 > > [...]
13 > > Am I getting something wrong here? Why is it pulling in icedtea?
14 > > I’m on x86 BTW.
15
16 > [...]
17 > However I remember that sun-jdk requires a license acceptance which has
18 > changed recently, so maybe sun-jdk is now masked on your system, hence
19 > the need for something else.
20 >
21 > What is the complete emerge output? Look for any masked or license
22 > restricted packages. I added this to /etc/portage/package.license:
23 > dev-java/sun-jdk dlj-1.1
24
25 Indeed there's an output concerning a lincence. I ignored it because in the
26 past I had loads of messages there about masked or missing ebuilds due to the
27 phasing-out of KDE3, which I still run. In that case though I would have
28 expected portage wanting to remove sun-jdk because of a licence issue. Oh
29 well, guess that's solved then. :-)
30 --
31 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
32 Killing for peace is like fucking for virginity.