From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: List Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Brutal force attack
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 04:21:08
1 On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 08:12:19PM +0100, Luigi Pinna wrote:
2 > I read now from my logs that there is someone who try to login in my
3 > computer.
4 > He uses always dynamic ip address or in every case he changes his ip
5 > everyday.
6 > What can I do?
7 > I have all the ip but it is first time that I see an attack versus me
8 > Thanks for the tips
9
10 If it makes you feel any better my two servers get hundreds of these a
11 day. I run logwatch and keep an eye on both the 'failed ssh logins'
12 section and the 'sucessful ssh logins' section and make sure that the
13 logins are from people I know instead of random IPs.
14
15 alan
20 Alan <alan@×××××.org> - http://arcterex.net
22 "Backups are for people who don't pray." -- big Mike