From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Encryption questions
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 05:29:33
1 Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > I may get on youtube and see if I can find some videos on this so I can
4 > see it actually working.  Maybe find a couple different setups.  I'm
5 > sure someone has done at least one.  lol
9 OK.  I found a video.  It explains it pretty well.  I learned a lot.
10 Here is a linky.
11
12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=823k8Qk47T0
13
14 One thing I like, I can understand the guy and he doesn't have some
15 silly music playing that makes it hard to hear.  Some people just make
16 things to fancy to the point it is useless.  Anyway.
17
18 I got a general idea of it.  Basically, I'd have to encrypt it on the
19 puter itself but also make sure any backups are encrypted as well.  I
20 also see that it does its thing 'on the fly' as some call it.  It
21 doesn't require you to tell it to decrypt something, wait a while for it
22 to do it, then be able to use it.  It does it as you access it.  When
23 done, close it and it's secure again.  That muddy water clears up a
24 bit.  ;-)
25
26 I plan to watch a few more, when I find some I can hear well and
27 understand.  lol
28
29 Oh, I also found this:  app-crypt/veracrypt  It seems to be a GUI
30 interface for this.  May find a video on that too.  Still, I'd like to
31 have both command line and GUI tho.  One never knows about these things.
32
33 Dale
34