From: ionut cucu <cuciferus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Keyboard problems
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 12:01:16
1 On Thu, 29 May 2008 08:29:12 +0300
2 Tapio Raevaara <tapio.raevaara@×××.fi> wrote:
3
4 > On Wednesday 28 May 2008, ionut cucu wrote:
5 > > While gracefully working on my computer out of the blue, by keyboard
6 > > stops working. Changing keyboards didn't help, only rebooting does.
7 > > Both PS/2 keyboards...So I guess it's a computer issue...any ideas
8 > > where I should start looking?
9 >
10 > If you're using X, next time try the following: press Alt + SysRQ +
11 > r, switch to console with Ctrl + Alt + F1 and start killing random
12 > programs, occasionally switching back to X. In the past, I've had
13 > trouble with Amarok jamming the keyboard; if you're using it, it
14 > might be a good first target for your killing spree.
15 >
16 Sorry? start killing processes randomly?(maniac grinds with big axe)
17 Also, my first atempt was to switch to console but Nota Bene: the
18 keyboard is not working. The magic key might be an idea but I need
19 Kernel debugging off in order to run nvidia-drivers
20 > You need to have CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y in the kernel for this to work
21 > (it's on by default).
22 >
23 > For a safer reboot, see
24 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key , especially the
25 > 'Raising Elephants' part.
26
27 Mr Hal,
28 I'm also using ~amd64 but 2.6.24, I'll try a kernel update and see how
29 it goes. But where do you begin searching for a solution here? Provided
30 I wanted to go to the bottom of it
31 --
32 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list