From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] auto startx after login
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 05:13:25
1 Shaochun Wang schrieb:
2 > Every time I login, I input startx to start the X Window
3 > working environment. Now I am tired of this typing,
4 > so I add the following to my $HOME/.bash_profile file:
5 >
6 > pgrep X >/dev/null || exec startx
7 >
8 > I works as I hope! But I still wonder whether there exits
9 > another way to do it. Any recommendation?
13 Hi
14
15 look at the "/etc/rc.conf". You can set your default displaymanager and
16 graphical environment.
17 Then you add "xdm" (even if you are using "gdm") to the default runlevel
18 by "rc-update add xdm default".
19 Your Displaymanager will start every boot automatically.
20
21 Regards
22
23 Norman