From: "John H. Moe" <johnmoe@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Problems playing back DVD
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:04:51
1 John H. Moe wrote:
2 > pk wrote:
3 >
4 >> John H. Moe wrote:
8 >>> play or rip it on my computer. SMplayer, VLC, Xine, K3B, DVD::Rip and
9 >>> AcidRip all seem to have the same basic problem:
10 >>>
11 >>> libdvdread: Can't seek to block 3362902
12 >>> libdvdread: Invalid IFO for title 18 (VTS_18_0.IFO).
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >> Not sure if this is the solution but judging from what you write it
16 >> seems likely:
17 >> http://tobias.rautenkranz.ch/libdvdread_ifo.html.en
18 >>
19 >> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=460400
20 >>
21 >> Might help to upgrade to a newer version of libdvdread (you don't say
22 >> which version you have installed)?
23 >>
24 >> Best regards
25 >>
26 >> Peter K
29 > Thanks for the reply! Sorry, I didn't think to put versions in. I'm
30 > currently using 0.97, the latest "stable" ebuild on x86. However, the
31 > link you pointed me to seems to say if I go up to 4.13, I shouldn't have
32 > that problem. Portage, conveniently, has "unstable" builds for 4.13.
33 > I'll give it a go and report back.
34 >
35 > John Moe
38 Damn, didn't work. I still get the same error from Xine, but now VLC
39 will play the first track. However, if I try to view the 2nd through
40 the 8th track, they all seem to be the same track. Also, it seems to
41 think there's 99 tracks on the DVD. And if I choose something higher up
42 like track 75, it segfaults and I get what's in the attached log.
43
44 I've included logs of all output from Xine, VLC and K3B in case
45 something in there helps.
46
47 Any other ideas? Should I just pick one player, and follow up on their
48 mailing list? I've only asked here because it doesn't seem to be
49 specific to any one player, and am looking for some more general help.
50 Or is this even fixable? I assume this all has something to do with
51 copy protection, and that they've come up with a new way of doing it
52 that the authors of the apps/libs haven't figured out yet, and maybe I
53 just need to wait?
54
55 Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
56
57 John Moe

k3b.log text/plain
vlc.log text/plain