From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: kde 5 and portable media mounting
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 15:40:25
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 17/04/16 05:26, Francisco Ares wrote:
3 >> On KDE 4, it was ok, it mounted removable media in
4 >> /run/[username]/[medialabel] , as the users were already in "plugdev"
5 >> group and, just in case, the "disk" group as well - and they are there
6 >> up to now.
7 >
8 > When the pop-up notification comes up that says a device has been
9 > plugged in, did you click on the checkmark on that notification? If
10 > you click the device itself, you will get "permission denied". If you
11 > click the checkmark, it work fine.
12 >
13 > (Don't ask me why that is. This is KDE. I stopped asking such silly
14 > questions a very long time ago.
17 I might add, once you click that it will then open with file manager as
18 well. If you click to open in file manager first, you get the error.
19 Odd stuff it is.
20
21 I might add, while my camera works, I have to start digikam manually
22 where I used to click on the open in digiKam entry there. I know I can
23 add the entry there but I'm not sure how that works since when I do, it
24 doesn't work. Clicking the mount thing first doesn't work either. It
25 still doesn't show the entry like it used to.
26
27 I've learned that asking about the way KDE does some things is not a
28 good idea either.
29
30 Dale
31