From: Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] No torrent upload
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:56:48
1 Hi!
2
3 Currently I'm downloading some stage3-tarballs using rtorrent.
4
5 As it seems I can't upload anything. My downstream is at 120k as it sould be
6 but upstream stays at 0.
7
8 My router redirects everything on port 21 (TCP/UDP) to my IP. rtorrent is
9 started like this: "rtorrent -n -p 21-21 stage3[blah].torrent"
10
11 I have to use port 21 because my provider slows everything down as soon as he
12 recognizes traffic on any port except those typically in use.
13
14 It works while using Ubuntu, Knoppix or Windows.
15
16 Do you have any hints?
17
18 Oh and by the way: I have to start rtorrent with super user permissions in
19 order to avoid this error, "rtorrent: Could not open/bind a port for
20 listening: Permission denied"
21
22 Do I have any other choice?
23