From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer plugin
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:03:02
1 On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 08:57:40AM -0500, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > I have both USE flags and have *noticed* any problems. However, I
3 > prefer to avoid rather than fix problems. Can you point me at
4 > documentation for when one should have firefox and/or xulrunner USE
5 > flags?
8 C.f. this thread
9 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/49430
10
11 I think the devs agreed that xulrunner > firefox > seamonkey
12
13 (reading the actual USE flag descriptions, which states:
14
15 firefox: Build against Firefox instead of Seamonkey/Mozilla
16 seamonkey: Adds support for the Seamonkey web-browser
17 xulrunner: Build native browser integration against xulrunner
18 instead of firefox or seamonkey
19
20 I agree the descriptions are already fairly clear.)
21
22 HTH,
23
24 W
25 --
26 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
27 408 Fine Hall, Department of Mathematics, Princeton University, Princeton
28 A mathematician's reputation rests on the number of bad proofs he has given.