From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: evdev broken?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 03:14:02
1 On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:05 AM, Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>wrote:
3
4 > On 2011-07-20, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Hi, All
6 > >
7 > > Recently, after blindingly emerging world, X11/Xorg stopped to accept
8 > mouse
9 > > and keyboard events. After some ways to figure out what was going on, I
10 > > found that it seems related to "evdev".
11 > >
12 > > Anybody noticed something like that? The xorg-server package (or
13 > > xorg-drivers, can't remember nor check now, because I had to use Windows
14 > >:-( ) is being built with "evdev" flag, but there is an error in the log
15 > > file about evdev could not be found, as long as "dri" and "dri2". I am
16 > using
17 > > nvidia proprietary video driver.
18 >
19 > You probably just need to re-emerge the xf86-input packages that you
20 > have installed. That happens after every update to the Xorg server,
21 > and there are probably messages in the portage log to that effect.
22 >
23 > --
24 > Grant
28 Thank you, gonna try it