From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emergeing Firefox 35.0 breaks Ghostery ... fixable?
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 06:35:02
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> [15-01-13 07:28]:
2 > On 13/01/2015 07:53, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > emergeing Firefox 35.0 runs without problems...but:
6 > > The plugin Ghostery (blocks tracker) fails to start
7 > > and a reinstallations ends with this error message
8 > > (popup):
9 > >
10 > > "Ghostery cannot be installed because Firefox cannot
11 > > modify the needed file."
12 > >
13 > > Is this a proble of the plugin, a wrong permissions
14 > > setting via emerge/ebuild or a problem of my Gentoo
15 > > box?
16 > >
17 > > How can I fix it -- a downgrade to the previous version
18 > > (34.0.5-r1) is not possible, since one had decided to
19 > > remove that version from the ebuilds ???
22 > If you can't get the plugin to work, you *can* downgrade, the ebuild is
23 > in the gentoo attic along with every other ebuild ever published in the
24 > tree :-)
27 > --
28 > Alan McKinnon
29 > alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
33 Hi Alan,
34
35 first choice would be to get the ghostery plugin running, so
36
37 > > Is this a problem of the plugin, a wrong permissions
38 > > setting via emerge/ebuild or a problem of my Gentoo
39 > > box?
42 Best
43 mcc