From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Correct syntax for /etc/conf.d/modules
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 23:22:19
1 Am 21.04.2012 20:56, schrieb Mick:
2 > I am getting confused about the syntax that openrc is meant to follow ...
3 >
4 > One box of mine that uses modules ran some script at the time that I upgraded
5 > to openrc and it added my currently running modules into /etc/conf.d/modules.
6 >
7 > The syntax was like so:
8 >
9 > modules_2_6="${modules_2_6} cls_tcindex"
10 > module_cls_tcindex_args_2_6="
11 >
12 > Things moved on and with newer kernel versions I went to update the file after
13 > I had a look at the documentation:
14 >
15 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
16 >
17 > Well there is no ${modules_2_6} shown in the examples so I removed it from my
18 > /etc/conf.d/modules. The new syntax was now:
19 >
20 > modules_3_2="cls_tcindex"
21 >
22 > and guess what? No modules loaded at all when I reboot. :-/
25 > I had to add ${modules_3_2} in there to get things going again.
26 >
27 > However 'echo ${modules_3_2}' on the CLI does not show anything. Can you
28 > please explain why this variable is needed for modules to load up again and
29 > why it is not shown in the documentation?
30
31 I guess it is "modules_3" now. With the transition to 3.x, the numbering
32 scheme has changed and minor numbers change much more frequently.
33
34 You can also simply use "modules=" unless you have a reason for
35 distinguishing between versions. At least, that's what I use here.
36
37 Hope this helps,
38 Florian Philipp