From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How serious is revdep-rebuild failure
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 20:50:51
1 Harry Putnam schreef:
2 >
3 > I still don't see the actual error there and it was the output of:
4 >
5 > revdep-rebuild -nc 2>&1|tee revdep.log
6 >
7 > revdep.log is what I posted online.
10 Richard Fish replied with the specific issue about half an hour ago:
11
12 > Richard Fish schreef:
13 >
14 > Ok, now we are going to need to see the output of emerge --info,
15 > because for some reason your toolchain thinks it is cross-compiling:
18 >> checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 -march=pentium4
19 >> -fomit-frame-pointer -L/usr/X11R6/lib -ltiff -L/usr/lib) works...
20 >> yes checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 -march=pentium4
21 >> -fomit-frame-pointer -L/usr/X11R6/lib -ltiff -L/usr/lib) is a
22 >> cross-compiler... yes
26 The problem occurs with the very first compile
27
28 configure: error: can not run test program while cross compiling
29  ...done!
30 |>>> emerge (1 of 10) dev-php/mod_php-4.4.0 to /
31
32 ... so the problem is definitely somewhere in your toolchain, rather
33 than anything to do with either revdep-rebuild or the specific programs
34 attempting to be rebuilt.
35
36 Posting emerge info is a good starting point to troubleshoot this
37 (unless you already happen to know why this is occurring, that's also
38 possible).
39
40 Holly
41 --