From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg.conf (HDMI vs DVI-D)
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 01:57:29
1 Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I would advice the OP to try again what I suggested, I have a very
5 > similar Samsung TV/Monitor, and using DVI and VGA works perfectly with
6 > the computer, but I started using an HDMI cable, and the image would
7 > distort, all borders would be missing, till I change the name of the
8 > HDMI2 (the one I'm using) to "PC". Voila, everything to the right
9 > place.
10
11 > That's not written at the manual (neither yours, not the one for my
12 > TV), I learned it using a forum for HTPC owners.
15 My 2333HD-1 only has one hdmi input, and the name cannot be changed.
16
17 I used hdmi on the video card and DVI-D on the monitor, and
18 the resolution is as it should be, with no over-scanning.
21 Thanks for the input.
24 James