From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Creating binary packages before updating them
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:18:31
1 On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 7:29 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 29/07/13 14:24, Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On 07/29/2013 01:18 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> Normally, when I'm about to update an important package, I back it up
7 >>> first using quickpkg. I'm often in a situation though where many
8 >>> important packages are being updated in a world update. Normally, I
9 >>> have to manually quickpkg every one of them.
10 >>>
11 >>> Is there a way to tell emerge to do this on its own? That is, create
12 >>> binary packages of every package that it is replacing?
15 >> Isn't it --buildpkg?
18 > Unfortunately, no. --buildpkg only builds binary packages after they've
19 > been replaced already. I want binary packages of the packages that are
20 > being replaced instead.
24 It is probably easier/safer to just use FEATURES=buildpkg and then do
25 emerge -e world. From that point forward, you will have a binpkg for
26 every version of every package you ever install.