From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with emerge -uD world
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 13:16:32
1 On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 08:04:27 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > I do not, have never, and likely will never, trust this beast.
4 > >
5 > > vi + eyeballs is my preferred tool :-)
6
7 You're not supposed to trust it. It gives a starting point for ${EDITOR}
8 and eyeballs.
9
10 > vi ? LOL I have used autounmask and so far it has not broke anything.
11 > I also like the way it separates what it adds from what was already
12 > there. It puts little separators in there so you can easily remove the
13 > lines it added.
14
15 If /etc/portage/packages.{unmask,keywords} are directories, it puts its
16 entries in a separate file, which is even easier to work with.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 A friend in need may turn out to be a nuisance.