From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FLAC to mp3 converters?
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 02:13:12
1 quoth the Mark Knecht:
2 > Hi,
3 > I'm wondering if anyone has a good way to convert a large hierarcy
4 > of directories populated with FLAC files to a new set of directories
5 > using mp3 instead? The FLAC directory contains something like 20000
6 > files so I need the converted structure to replicate the original.
7 > Most likely the tool has to be very tolerant of file naming, unicode,
8 > etc., as there are likely to be any number of strange things in there.
9
10 CLI based, but very simple. It will mirror your directory structure and
11 preserve any meta-tags: http://badcomputer.org/unix/code/sneetchalizer/
12
13 Something like:
14 $ sneetchalizer -r -D /my/mp3s/ --in=flac --out=mp3 /my/flacs/
15
16 will do everything you specified above with one command.
17
18 Ruby powered ;)
19
20 > Thanks,
21 > Mark
24 HTH,
25 -d
26 --
27 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
28 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
29 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972