From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to nail the order of modules loaded
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:48:11
1 On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:06:19 +0200, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2
3 > > I thought that,but reading the question again, I don't think the
4 > > problem is naming, but the wrong driver claiming the card.
5 >
6 > Naming makes the order irrelevant.
7
8 True, but, depending on how you interpret the original question, it cold
9 also mean that the wrong driver claiming the card means the interface
10 doesn't come up. It all depends on how you interpret "this doesn't work",
11 which isn't the most useful of descriptions.
12
13 If it is simply a naming problem, then udev persistent names are the
14 best solution, but I'm not sure that's the problem.
15
16 Perhaps the OP could clarify what is going wrong.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 After a few years in space, even Worf started to look good...