From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot print pdf documents from KDE4
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 20:21:09
1 On Friday 29 January 2010 05:28:25 you wrote:
2 > On Thursday 28 January 2010 22:33:52 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 21:55:02 +0000, Mick wrote:
4 > > > As the title says. I can print text files and html, but I cannot print
5 > > > pdf. BTW I can print an html page from Konqueror to a pdf file, but
6 > > > then can't print that file. Have you come across this problem in KDE4?
7 > >
8 > > Can you view the PDF in Okular? If not, you probably need to rebuild
9 > > poppler with USE="lcms".
10 >
11 > Now here's a thing, I can view it in Okular, but nothing is shown in the
12 > Okular print viewer ...
13 >
14 > Thanks for the hint I'll check it out when I get to the machine next time.
15
16 I checked another machine (of a similar build) which does not seem to have
17 app-text/poppler emerged (only app-text/poppler-data, app-text/poppler-utils,
18 dev-libs/poppler, dev-libs/poppler-qt4, virtual/poppler, virtual/poppler-qt4,
19 virtual/poppler-utils).
20
21 This machine also does not show anything in Print Preview (but I haven't tried
22 printing from it to be able to compare).
23
24 Do I need to emerge app-text/poppler to be able to print pdf files?
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick