From: Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] k3b burning BD-Disk pretends to fail at 99.99%
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 11:33:18
1 Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at> wrote:
2
3 > I just made a simple test by renaming growisofs and then attemting to create a
4 > BD-RE disk (Re-recordables are nice, sine non-RW media don't grow in my garden
5 > ;-)
6 >
7 > Result: k3b complained that it cannot find growisofs and that it won't be
8 > possible to create DVDs. I tried to create a BD, so I continued, selected
9 > approximately 17GB of my foto-disk, and tried to write them. Immediately,
10 > k3b's write-disk dialog showed that mkisofs cannot find growisofs and then
11 > "mkisofs has crashed".
12 >
13 > It was worth a try, but it didn't work.
14 >
15 > Alex
16 >
17 > PS:
18 > app-cdr/cdrtools-3.00
19 > app-cdr/dvd+rw-tools-7.1-r1
20
21 I positively know that an unmodified k3b looks for /op/schily/bin/cdrecord first.
22 This has been introduced a few years ago and I checked it at that time.
25 So how about fetching a recent cdrtools from:
26
27 ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/
28
29 and call "make install"?
30
31 Jörg