From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] The return of the dreaded "Cannot run C compiled programs"
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 13:19:18
1 I have a four-core 64-bit Celeron box with 4GB RAM, on which I've just
2 installed a standard XFCE system on the desktop profile. It all went as
3 expected, but when I ran an emerge -e world at the end I had two failures:
4 both glibc and sandbox failed with the error in the subject line.
5
6 It's some years since I last saw this error, and I'm stuck. I've looked
7 through /etc hoping to find something skew-whiff, and I've compared the
8 environment with this box's, but nothing stands out.
9
10 Finally, following the hint in the portage output, I ran "FEATURES='-sandbox -
11 usersandbox' emerge -1 --color n sandbox". It made no discernible difference.
12
13 I've attached the logs etc from sandbox.
14
15 Has anyone a clue?
18 Regards.
19 Peter