From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about genkernel's default kernel config
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 08:40:30
1 On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 10:10:22 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > > A homegrown initramfs created by a novice is going to be more reliable
4 > > than one created by dracut or genkernel? Seems unlikely.
5 >
6 > The ones created by genkernel or dracut always need a few iterations
7 > before they work semi-reliably and are not flexible enough.
8
9 Yes, I usually have to rerun dracut a few times after tweaking its
10 options, because I don't use the full-fat defaults. However, when I
11 rolled my own initramfs, there were several more iterations after making
12 changes. In my experience, once you have a sensible config, dracut just
13 works - your comments about multiple LUKS partitions notwithstanding.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Biology is the only science in which multiplication means the same thing
20 as division.