From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Pentoo overlay
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 18:51:10
1 Bruce Hill <daddy <at> happypenguincomputers.com> writes:
4 > Starting next week, new stages will have make.conf and make.profile
5 > moved from /etc to /etc/portage. This is a change in the installation
6 > defaults, that will only affect new installs so it doesn't affect
7 > current systems.
8
9 Yep, forgot bout that.....
10 I also remembered (after I posted) that some folks have always
11 used the portage/ for make.conf.
12
13 This is good news, as so far, Pentoo, looks like a gentoo install,
14 focued on Security. Anyone got any other feedback where Pentoo
15 has deviated from Gentoo?
16
17 Deviated in a significant way?
20 -- still researching this new puppy!