From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] files emerge will download
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:42:44
1 On Monday 25 September 2006 17:28, Matias Grana wrote:
2
3 > hi,
4 > Is it possible to get a list of the files an emerge command would
5 > download?
6 > I have a dial-up connection at home, so I can't download large files.
7 > However, I can download them at work, put them on my usb-stick, bring
8 > them home and put them on my /usr/portage/distfiles/, so I can emerge
9 > the packages I want. But (there's always a but) sometimes an emerge
10 > command downloads more than one file for each ebuild. So I would like
11 > to have a way to know exactly which files the emerge would need, would
12 > I do something like
13 > % emerge xxxxx
14
15 I think you want emerge -f (or -F).