From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-china <gentoo-china@××××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] does the "aqua" use flag still valid in gentoo 2008?
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 17:30:05
1 On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > hi,
4 >
5 > i want to try to enable the "aqua" flag with my kde. but it is
6 > displayed as "(-aqua)" when i try to emerge kde. i searched the
7 > network, and people say it is disabled by my profile. i am using the
8 > "default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop" profile. which profile should i use
9 > to enable this use flag?
12 This is because Aqua/Carbon are Mac OS X-specific UI libraries - unless
13 you're running Gentoo/Darwin (aka Gentoo on Mac OS X), you're not going to
14 have the necessary UI libraries for the compiling packages to link against,
15 unless you've managed to extract the Carbon libraries intact from a Mac
16 system (no idea if that's even possible...)
17
18 HTH-
19
20 James