From: Jonathan Nichols <jnichols@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to come back to Mac OS X?
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:25:37
1 Alessandro Di Rubbo wrote:
2 > Hello to everyone,
3 > I've got an Apple iBook (Dual USB) with a Gentoo installation on it,
4 > but now I'm going to sell it and I would restore the original situation,
5 > installing Mac OS 9 and/or Mac OS X.
6 > When I installed Gentoo, I deleted every partion related to Mac OS
7 > because I didn't need them, so now I have only the Apple_partion_map,
8 > the Apple_Bootstrap (where is Yaboot) and an empty partition (I've
9 > already removed my old Gentoo partitions).
10 > I've tried to insert the Mac OS X (v 10.0.1) but the installer is not
11 > able to find any partion (hd): what can I do? Thank you very much for
12 > your help, in advance.
13 >
14 > Alessandro
15
16 10.0?!
17
18 My god, where did you find such an old CD? What happened to the media
19 that came with the iBook?
20
21 Anyway, with a modern OS X CD, just boot it up. When the installer
22 starts, choose "Disk Utility" from the menu in the upper left hand
23 corner. I forgot what the menu is actually called, but Disk Utility
24 should be under one of them.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list